What Kind of Career Will Fit You Best?
Whether you are just starting out, or wondering if another career would suit you better, self-assessments can help you consider different options and confirm types of careers that might be right for you. CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, offers three free online assessments focusing on skills, interests, and values.
What Can a Self-Assessment Help You Do?
- Learn about occupations that are a good match for you
- Decide where you need more training or experience
- Identify the skills you bring to a job
- Write more personal, detailed resumes and cover letters
- Consider careers you may not have thought about before
- Try these assessments to help you choose a good career fit.
- Interest Assessment, a quick 30-question assessment that identifies your interests and matches them to careers
- Skills Matcher identifies your skills and matches them to careers that use those skills
- Work Values Matcher, a card sort that helps you identify the qualities that are most important to you in a career and the place you work