The people who work at BNSF are the ones who drive the railroad to success. BNSF employees are from all areas of the country and have a variety of skills. BNSF is focused on keeping the railroad moving forward, meeting customers’ needs and serving the communities where our employees live and work.
BNSF Railway and Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC, Officers
|Matthew K. Rose||Executive Chairman|
|Carl R. Ice||President and Chief Executive Officer|
|Stevan B. Bobb||Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer|
|Dave Freeman||Executive Vice President, Operations|
|Roger Nober||Executive Vice President, Law and Corporate Affairs|
|Julie A. Piggott||Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer|
Vision & Values
Our vision is to realize BNSF’s tremendous potential by providing transportation services that consistently meet our customers’ expectations.
A vision statement is only as good as the people who work to bring it to life each day. To live the vision, BNSF’s 42,000 employees embrace a set of shared values:
- Listening to customers and doing what it takes to meet their expectations
- Empowering one another, showing concern for our colleagues’ well-being and respect for their talents and achievements
- Continuously improving by striving to do the right thing safely and efficiently
- Celebrating our rich heritage and building on our success as we shape our promising future
Success in living our Vision & Values is evident when we fulfill the highest expectations of our four key stakeholder groups and when:
- Our customers find it easy to do business with us as they receive 100 percent on-time, damage-free service, accurate and timely information regarding their shipment and the best transportation value.
- Our employees work in a safe and secure environment, are focused on continuous improvement, share in the opportunity for personal and professional growth available to all team members and take pride in their association with BNSF.
- Our owners earn financial returns that exceed other railroads and the general market as a result of BNSF’s superior revenue growth and operating ratio and a return on invested capital that is greater than our cost of capital.
- The communities we serve benefit from our sensitivity to their interests and to the environment in general, our adherence to the highest legal and ethical standards, and the participation of our company and our employees in community activities.
Code of Conduct
Every BNSF employee is held to the business conduct standards found in the BNSF Code of Conduct, which focuses on ethical behavior, integrity and legal compliance. Each year our salaried employees certify that they understand and will abide by the Code of Conduct.
Employees who are confronted with ethical concerns are encouraged to seek advice from a supervisor or their department leadership. Employees may also contact their Human Resources representative, or the Compliance Department at 817-352-2313. If an employee is uncomfortable calling these contacts, he or she may call the BNSF Hotline at 800-533-BNSF (2673). Calls to the Hotline can remain anonymous and are thoroughly investigated. Retaliation for good faith reporting of an apparent or actual violation of the Code, or for participating in any investigation of a suspected violation, is prohibited.
“Diversity has become a way of life at BNSF. Employees need to be able to look up to the top of the organization and see enough role models so that all members of our community can model their actions and behaviors against real BNSF executives.”
— Matt Rose, Executive Chairman
We’ve covered great distances in our diversity journey at BNSF, and it all begins with every employee valuing the differences we each bring to the workplace.
As a company, the road to greater diversity began with a vision. Equipped with a destination, leaders throughout BNSF developed a business purpose and strategic plan for moving the company to its diversity goals.
While this formal program sets the commitment and direction for diversity, it’s the men and women of BNSF who have taken initiative, demonstrating leadership and bringing diversity alive in the workplace.
Diversity is a continuous journey at BNSF. By embracing and appreciating each other, our work experience, our jobs and our lives are enriched.
“Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day.”