Do you have what it takes to be a Grand Rapids Downtown Ambassador?
Do you love your city? Come work with us to keep our streets clean, friendly and safe. Block by Block is looking for 2nd & 3rd shift hospitality/cleaning ambassadors.
The ideal candidate is positive, energetic, and self motivated .
• Friendly, self motivated people who are not afraid of hard work
• Loves working outside, no matter the conditions
• Loves walking, being active and mobile
• Candidates that do not require constant supervision to work. (We need self starters and finishers!)
• HOSPITALITY – While on patrol will go out of the way to actively engage pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
• OBSERVE AND REPORT – while on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to Safety Ambassadors via two-way radios. Must be able to articulate an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers.
• Manual Litter Collection – circulate and patrol through assigned work zone with a rolling can containing supplies and tools to take care of address the following tasks:
• Removing and picking up litter, cigarette butts and other debris on sidewalks, street gutter, and alleys, and anywhere in our district.
• Remove graffiti and posters from light posts, trash cans, news boxes and other public infrastructure. We want our district to look like we love it!
• Pulling isolated weeds, weeding is important. Weeding the sidewalks, lots in the district, flower beds, all around our area.
• Damp wipe and straighten horizontal surfaces, such as trash can lids, news boxes and other infrastructure. Cleaning and keeping straight the district to make sure business can carry on in a clean and safe environment.
• REPORTING – must be able to provide written reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti on private property, and provide a basic daily report of accomplishments and tasks completed.
• PROFESSIONALISM – Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism.
• PHYSICAL ABILITIES –
• Must have the physical capacity to traverse continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break).
• Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear.
COMMUNICATION – Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.
Paid Time Off
Discounted Entertainment Tickets
Flex Spending /Health Spending Accounts
Discounted Purchasing Programs
Great company culture that encourages fun!
We provide safety, cleaning, hospitality and outreach services for downtown improvement districts all across the country. We are a great company that is very employee friendly. Block by Block knows that our employees are our biggest asset and treats our Ambassadors accordingly. Our culture is very important to us and we value our work family as one of our biggest assets. We offer benefits to full and part-time employees because we care about everyone’s well being no matter how many hours of service to us they deliver. We are devoted to improving our communities and the people who live work and play in them