Shoprite is a Second Chance Friendly Employer and is excited to have you on board!
Job Function: To maintain and operate the Delicatessen Department in an efficient manner within company policy; to ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code policies.
- Comply with company grooming and dress codes.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Maintain good communications in the department and throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and team oriented skills in a customer service environment.
- Exhibit reliable administrative and organizational skills.
- Skilled in the use of retail technology, point of sale systems.
- Able to calculate figures using retail math, such as discount and percentages.
- Able to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency.
- Comply with all priorities and store policies pertaining to the position, including punctual and reliable attendance.
- Ability to operate equipment as require by department, i.e., slicer, scale, can opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryolator, cheese grater/cutter, case cutter and stove/oven.
Reports to: Deli Manager, Perishable Asst. Store Manger
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to unload trucks.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.