WAREHOUSE SELECTOR-CROSSET COMPANY
ABOUT CROSSET COMPANY
Founded in 1905, Crosset is an over 100 year old family owned and operated full-line fresh produce distributer. As a part of the Castellini group of companies since 1993, we are a leading full-service distributer of organic and conventional fresh produce and floral products to customers located east of the Mississippi River. With our core values of Integrity, Service Excellence, Food Safety, Sustainability, Partnerships, and People, our mission is to provide the safest, highest quality and most efficient distribution of perishables and value added services, by continually exceeding our customers’ expectations through our people, continuous improvement and technology.
If we are to remain the premier distributer of produce in the eastern United States, every team member has to play their part in making sure our customers are 100% satisfied, 100% of the time. Our customers are happy when they get quality produce delivered at the right time, and as a Warehouse Selector, you are crucial to that experience.
- Build custom produce orders for our customers
- Receive orders through a RF Gun or headset (voice pick).
- Use electric pallet jacks to pick cases that can weigh up to 50 pounds and transport complete orders to the dock to be loaded
- No experience is necessary with equipment, we are happy to train you.
- Selectors work four, 10 to 12 hour shifts per week starting at 2pm and Saturdays are off days. Overtime is available.
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics
- Wants to work for a growing company with a high attention to quality in a team oriented, fast-paced environment
- Solid employment history with at least 6 months of previous warehouse experience
- Experience with equipment such as: electric pallet jack, RF gun, ring scanner, and headset
- Critical Thinking Skills: strategic about product placement in order to uphold our standards of quality and customer satisfaction
- Team Player: works with fellow employees to solve problems and achieve nightly goals
- Coachability: accepts and uses constructive criticism to improve safety, quality, and productivity
- Communication Skills: seeks guidance from supervisors and regularly shares information that may impact the team
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Availability to work 2nd shift with variable end times
- Must be able to pass a drug test, physical and background check (felony friendly)
- Convictions will be reviewed based on severity, pattern, time passed and work history
- Ability to work in temperatures of 55 to 32 degrees F.
Pay and Benefits
- Starting pay is $13/hour with the ability to earn a $2/hour Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Full-Time, permanent position with overtime available
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with match after 30 days
- Paid vacation after one year of service
- Up to 4 paid sick days may be earned each year
- Paid holidays after completion of probationary period
- Employee recognition and appreciation
- Culture of promoting from within
- Crosset Warehouse Selectors are members of Teamsters Local 114
- Crosset is an Equal Opportunity Employer.