Desired: Driver’s License
Food Equipment Service Technician l – Indianapolis
Are you mechanically and electrically inclined? Do you like providing customers with quality service solutions? Join our team and become a part of the leading nationwide provider of commercial food equipment service.
Who are we?
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, and Respect.
About the opportunity:
- You will work with customers to electrically/mechanically troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain a variety of commercial food equipment.
- You will typically leave from home each morning and work with minimal direct supervision at customer sites.
- You will meet or surpass weekly productivity and customer-oriented goals while maintaining a high level of customer service.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You must have 0-2 years of similar electrical/mechanical experience
- You must have an accredited High School Diploma or GED
- You must have a valid Driver’s License and ability to drive multiple hours daily
- You should be able to work Overtime and On-Call as required
- You must be able to attend our industry leading training at our corporate headquarters in Troy, OH
- Lifting 50-75 lbs. with or without assistance
- Climbing up to 8 ft. with ladder
- Occasional roof access may be necessary
- Extensive walking up to 3-5 miles/day
- Extensive driving up to 5-6 hours/day
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet, dirty conditions
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Hobart Service considers all qualified applicants with a criminal history.