Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We’re a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We’re looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts – you’ll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
We are looking for a dynamic operations manager who has a savvy analytical mind and is constantly pushing to test, pilot, and innovate; this person should be able to balance working within existing product limitations and building a case for larger product changes. The right candidate will be able to independently identify trends in data and surface potential challenges before they become problems – then create recommendations and strategies to address such issues. They will also be able to collaborate effectively across teams, and to build empathy and community with our large group of independent couriers. This will be a logistics-focused role with a heavy emphasis on data analytics, communications, and product experimentation.
- Ensure Caviar has the right balance of supply and demand on a daily basis, an ask that will require consistent attention and learning.
- Develop analytical frameworks, build models, and present structured thoughts to inform strategic decision-making.
- Create, pilot, and scale operational tests. The New York market is your sandbox, and we expect you to drive results here – then use your resourcefulness, communication and relationship-building skills to share your learnings and drive adoption nationally.
- Identify places to streamline and improve operations and help improve or innovate new processes.
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives.
- Deftly manage the execution of day-to-day tasks that just need to get done while considering ways to make these more efficient. This will be about 20% of your time.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, bias for action, and drive to actualize your ideas.
- A demonstrated ability to think and act like an owner. You can quickly digest an objective and take ownership over the action items to achieve results.
- Strong problem-solving skills with keen ability to support decisions with data.
- A highly organized, process-driven approach and experience motivating key stakeholders to work cross-functionally with you.
- The ability to structure a well designed model, communicate insights clearly and concisely, and deftly execute recommendations.
- Strong aptitude in spreadsheets.
- Highly-developed organizational skills.
- An ability to quickly absorb context, and autonomously execute tasks efficiently, even when context-switching is required multiple times throughout a day.
- Experience with Looker or SQL is a plus.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.