Why This Job Is Important
Many patients have forgotten what it’s like to not have trouble breathing. We’ve created a unique technology that combines hardware sensors and software to digitally guide the course of therapy for patients and physicians managing respiratory diseases. Our small team enjoys working together to create and apply technology to challenging problems that have enormous social costs.
Due to an increase in patient volume and growth with our patients internationally, we’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to start as soon as possible, part-time, on our day shift.
We empower people with asthma and COPD to lead their lives without limits; you’ll be responsible for getting sensors into people’s hands. An essential player on our team, you’ll perform all functions related to handling product. You’ll test and package inventory as it’s received from the manufacturer, as well as ship the completed Propeller kits to patients all over the world.
This position is part-time, about 40 hours/week, 9am-5pm, 5 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Receive Propeller sensors, materials, packaging and supplies and verify the items against the record of shipment
- Inspect product according to incoming inspection requirements
- Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for shipment according to directions and the transportation method used
- Maintain shipping/receiving equipment and monitor stock levels for re-ordering.
- Data entry
- Keep a tidy work area, removing recycling and trash when necessary.
- Maintain attendance within acceptable limits per company policy and submit accurate records of time worked.
- Provide occasional patient and provider phone support. You’ll pick up the phone from time to time if it rings during the night, and help triage their issue. Don’t worry, we’ll train you!
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Some experience in a shipping/receiving environment; 3-6 months is about the right amount of experience.
- Some experience in helping others; customer support, customer service, or other experience. Customer support or phone support experience is important; you’ll be the ‘face of Propeller’ to any customers who call for support overnight.
- A High school diploma or equivalent
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Proficiency reading and understanding written instructions, labeling, freight charges, purchase orders
- Data entry skills, general computer competence skills.
- Someone who can roll up their sleeves. You need to be able to lift and carry 25 pound boxes on a regular basis.
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.