What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for accurately answer incoming telephone calls from prospective and existing customers regarding a variety of banking related questions that range from basic complex in nature. May work on additional project responsibilities including mentoring, system testing, and escalations as needed.
Starting pay: $15.00/hour
WORK SHIFTS: 2:00pm-10:30pm, with one weekend day + one variable day off during the week
Training Hours: 11:00am-7:30pm/M-F, for the first 2 weeks
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively processes customer requests and transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures including utilizing the Language Line process to serve non-English speaking customers.
- Provides information on bank products as requested by the customer
- Recommends alternative banking products and/or make referrals to other departments
- Completes maintenance as requested including address changes, check orders, stop payments, account closings and ATM/Debit card captures.
- May answer customer telephone banking inquiries via email.
- May perform posting functions for debit card requests.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
- Understands and adheres to all training and bank policy, laws and regulations applicable to role.
- Effectively use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, courteously and provide the customer with accurate information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.