Manage Albert’s Organics shift activities in Receiving and Selecting, ensuring compliance with all Company safety, housekeeping and procedural guidelines.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and supervise labor resources among Selecting and Receiving during shift operations, supporting the Operations Manager
- Supervise and direct assigned Operations staff; perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage personnel, including:
- Recruit and maintain a qualified staff;
- Communicate areas of responsibility and performance expectations, ensuring compliance with set goals. Communicate productivity results to employees and assist with individuals achievement of goals;
- Conduct timely and effective employee evaluations;
- Ensure proper training of employees;
- Foster a cooperative and harmonious work environment to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to achieve overall objectives.
- Apply utilization of resources resulting in customer satisfaction, meeting/exceeding budgetary goals in all areas.
- Oversee the purchasing and inventory of warehouse supplies; recommend equipment purchases; ensure maintenance of warehouse equipment through both outside contractors and available resources from within Albert’s.
- Provide training to direct reports for all operations equipment, including certification for forklift and pallet jack operation.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager, ensure maintenance of warehouse facility to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Develop content, agenda and conduct daily shift meetings to focus on safety, food safety, productivity and topics of the day.
- Responsible for reporting all work-related accidents in a timely manner; participate in root cause analysis process.
- Perform Periodic Safety Observations of employees and keep log of observations for Human Resources and Safety and Loss Director.
- Assist Operations Manager in New Hire Safety Orientation Training.
- Assist Operations Manager and Regional Safety and Loss Director in periodic safety refresher training.
- Assist Operations Manager in ensuring Operations Team performs in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures. Embrace a high regard for safety, leading and serving as a role model for others.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Lead and serve as a role model for others in the organization by consistent demonstration of high ethical standards.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Ability to effectively lead, coach, inspire, motivate, train and mentor personnel.
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize and plan work activities effectively and successfully manage and execute multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
Strong leadership abilities as creative thinker, problem solver, motivational manager, and collaborative team member.
Able to build and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally/externally with a diverse group of individuals throughout the organization and exemplify these qualities in a leadership role.
Strong oral/written communication skills.
Proven ability to build, lead and motivate teams.
Persuasive negotiation skills.
Customer service-oriented with strong customer service skills
High energy with clear sense of urgency.
Good computer skills, including various sales systems, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; competent to learn and adapt to new computer applications, system upgrades and other technology as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent training and experience. Five (5)+ years experience in a high-volume, multi-site produce/distribution/retail/wholesale/food industry environment; minimum three (3) years supervisory experience required. Perishable food preferred and organics experience/knowledge a plus.
Must have thorough knowledge of inventory control, receiving, selecting, warehousing, and associated equipment in each sector. Must be certified to train others on forklift & pallet jack operation. OSHA certification required. Competent using MS Office Suite, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred. Valid driver’s license required.