This role is an important function of the Systems Development Group located in Olive Branch, MS. Supply Chain Development Applications experience is imperative to be successful.
- Understands requirements and helps author technical designs
- Maintains existing code and authors new programming tasks
- Writes code that meets or exceeds all coding standards and changes to such specifications
- Writes unit and automated tests
- Participates in code reviews to ensure standards are met
- Provides story or business requirements breakdown planning and estimates
- Accountable for small stories or business requirements
- Identifies own dependences and problems
- Follows prescribed process, able to observe deviations from the process and suggest course corrections
- Iterates and improves upon stable technologies
- Interacts with team members, within the department, or business users
- Shares discoveries and best practices
- Learns from others on the team
- Works on assignments with contractors and may provide tactical guidance
- Possesses thorough knowledge of one or more domains
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of work or equivalent work experience
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Experience with EDI/data transmission a plus
- Background working on Supply Chain Applications, including Warehouse Management System (Manhattan PkMS a plus), Final Mile, Transportation Management (Manhattan a plus), Rate Shopping tools etc.
- Experience working with multiple database tools like DB2, SQL, Oracle
- Experience working in both Agile as well as waterfall methodologies
- Experience in AS400/RPG programming
- Familiar with industry standards around IT change management and development deployments
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces.
We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.
Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.