Second-chance friendly employer Big Tex – Madill is hiring Welders in Madrill, OK.
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- A generous 401-K retirement plan
- Use electrical currents to create heat and bond metals.
- Weld materials such as steel and aluminum.
- Use a rod and heat to join metals.
- Operate welding machine that feeds wire to bond materials.
- Plan work by interpreting blueprints.
- Determine welding position and type of metal to be fused.
- Select and set up welding equipment.
- Ensure welds meet standards and specifications.
- Supervise machines or robots that perform automated welding tasks.
- Load parts correctly and monitor machine constantly.
- Use heat from an electric arc to cut and trim metal objects.
- Dismantle large objects such as different types of trailers.
- Use of small power tools.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. The incumbent will follow other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties from time to time if requested by department management
- Formal training in high school technical education courses, post-secondary institutions, such as vocational and technical institutes, community colleges, and private welding, soldering, and brazing schools. Welding training can also be gained through the U.S. Armed Forces.
- An understanding of electricity also is helpful, and knowledge of computers is gaining importance as welding, soldering, and brazing machine operators become more responsible for programming robots and other computer-controlled machines.
- Courses in blueprint reading, shop mathematics, mechanical drawing, physics, chemistry, and metallurgy are helpful.
- In addition, they may have to lift heavy objects and work in awkward positions while bending, stooping, kneeling or standing to work overhead.
- They wear safety shoes, heat-resistant gloves, goggles, masks with protective lenses, and other equipment to prevent burns and eye injuries and to protect them from falling objects.
- Welders and cutters may work outdoors, often in inclement weather, or indoors, sometimes in a confined area designed to contain sparks and glare.
- When working outdoors, they may work on a scaffold or platform high off the ground.
Don’t miss your opportunity to work for Big Tex Trailers. Apply Now!
Founded in 1982, Big Tex is the top utility trailer in the U.S. due to the #1 Dealer Network in the country comprised of highly qualified and dedicated dealers who demand the best for their customers. The over 400 independent Big Tex dealers represent the most diverse line of standard and custom utility trailers available and have provided them to governments, consumers, and industry throughout the country. From its humble beginnings as a two-man company housed in a 3,200 square foot shop, Big Tex has grown to become the nationally recognized leader in the utility trailer industry with representation in virtually every state as well as Canada and Mexico. Currently, Big Tex employs approximately 2,000 employees working in all aspects of our business ranging from manufacturing to sales. Big Tex has corporate offices in Mt. Pleasant Texas, with manufacturing facilities in Mount Pleasant and Wills Point Texas, Cordele Georgia, Caldwell Idaho, Madill and Kingston Oklahoma. Utilizing the most advanced assembly and finishing processes in the utility trailer industry, Big Tex provides its customers with the highest quality and most competitively priced products available on the market.