Job Purpose: Lead overall store operations and profitability with responsibility for achieving sales, payroll, and operating contribution results. Hire, develop and inspire a top-performing store team who drive the business and exceed customer expectations. Champion company initiatives, ensuring timely execution of short and long term retail strategy and action plans. Hold team accountable for upholding brand values, standards and policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty through store programs including but not limited to; networking, culinary classes and events, credit card, gift registry and community outreach.
* Model exemplary service and ensure managers perform effective floor supervision to drive sales while maintaining exceptional customer service and visual presentation.
* Recognize and motivate associates to build loyal customer relationships.
* Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
* Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using individual development plans and ‘Division of Responsibility’ assignments.
* Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
* Actively network, interview, select and on-board associates.
* Build positive working relationships with store team, District Manager and brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
* Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Forecast and adjust monthly payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales/payroll goals and complete workload.
* Assess store metrics and associate behaviors to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
* Plan and delegate key initiatives. Collaborate with team to anticipate challenges and re-assess changing
* Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met including; workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
* 4 + years management experience in specialty retail and/or multi-unit retail business environment.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
* May require occasional overnight travel.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States, Canada and Australia. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels – retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
The position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.