Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Benefits’ Claim Department is responsible for the day to day analysis and processing of all claim submissions and correspondence. The Claims Department personnel possess knowledge on the Company’s products, their state variations, and state and federal regulatory requirements.
The Associate III functions as an Examiner and is responsible for analyzing and adjudicating claims in accordance with policy provisions with guidance from medical team and leadership team. The Claims Examiner must have the ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations, as well as, evaluate claims from initial report to final determination. They must also be able to obtain and utilize sensitive information discreetly and objectively in addition to documenting claim files with notes, evaluations and decision making processes while achieving optimal customer service.
- Analyze, process, research, adjust and adjudicate claims which will result in a payment or non payment of a claim with guidance from the medical team or leadership team.
- Review insurance policies, the claim form and supporting documentation to make sure that all of the information is correct. Determine whether the claims are covered under the policies issued to that policyholder.
- Assist in identifying, investigating and reporting fraudulent claim activity to our internal fraud unit.
- Provide the insured with correspondence that is clear, concise and meets state regulations in relation to the decision they made on claims processed.
- High School diploma required
- Previous claims and/or Life & Health insurance experience preferred
- Prior Allstate Benefits systems experience preferred in the following applications – AWD, Life 70, Genelco and CSR.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office: Intermediate Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong verbal/written telephone communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Candidates must have the ability to:
- Work in a fast paced/deadline driven environment.
- Work independently or in a team oriented environment.
- Interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
- Make simple and straight forward individual claim decisions
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Spanish-bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life – including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for thisposition.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.