2nd shift Sorter Roles
Schedule: 2:30pm-1am working up to 6 days a week
Under close supervision, sorts a wide variety of reusable waste material for recycling in accordance with established standards and procedures, assuring that contaminated or non-recyclable materials are separated from recyclable materials.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Sorts mixed recyclable materials by type and from waste materials in compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Identifies and distinguishes recyclables (paper, glass, etc.) from non-recyclables (garbage, etc.). Includes sorting through materials on a conveyor to view and recognize type, and opening bags to inspect contents.
- Empties and/or changes sorted materials containers as needed.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Per company policies and training, looks out for, reports on, and takes appropriate action regarding any hazardous materials in the waste stream.
- Abides by company policies and procedures and state and local regulations.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Entry position for a person with the required knowledge, but no specific experience.
Volt Workforce Solutions is a equal opportunity employer!