Second-Chance Friendly Employer U.S. Concrete is looking for great people to join their team.
Apply today to start your career with this exciting company!
Responsible for transporting concrete pump and related equipment to various job sites and safe installation of the pump system upon arrival. Reports to Operations Manager for assigned location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares truck chassis, pump, and air compressor for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to road-ability standards in accordance with DOT regulations and company standards. Ensures all system components, such as clamps, gaskets, reducers, hoses, and pipe operational. Ability to perform routine operator maintenance.
- Complies with all safety regulations at the plant, truck, and driving set forth by the company and regulations under 49 CFR Part 383. Required to wear all assigned PPE and uniforms, to include hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and ANSI 75 rated boots.
- Loads truck with necessary aggregates, sand, and cement powder according to prescribed procedures, including water and other required additives. Also paying special attention to weight distribution and limits set forth by DOT regulations.
- Safely transports pump and equipment to job site. Identifies destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; and maintaining schedule.
- Strategically positions the pump and equipment on jobsite while using problem solving skills to determine best overall pump and pump system set up for each job-site. Responsible for protecting both private and public properties from leaks, spills and any other damage resulting from concrete delivery trucks.
- Understands the principles of both volumetric truck and drum truck operation, while controlling the operation of the assigned pump truck and monitoring all concrete being discharged into pump hopper. Also able to identify questionable concrete and dis-allow its discharge into the pump hopper.
- Identifies line blockage locations and removes blockage from pump system. Also able to determine the cause of blockages and incorporate adjustments to prevent further blockages.
- Demonstrates understanding for customer needs; provides superior service for internal/external customers. Responsible to identify and resolve any customer complaints and/or forward to the appropriate department.
- Upon completion of job, responsible for safely clearing pump line and system of all residual concrete. Also responsible for safely stowing all pump-related equipment and system back onto pump, and returning it to the plant in good working condition.
- Maintains truck operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; scheduling repairs.
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms and/or acceptable electronic version.
- Expands job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Desires having the opportunity to use job autonomy to maximize customer service, quality, and productivity while minimizing cost to operate truck/mixer.
- Other duties and responsibilities to include remote projects related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis, as need to support the successful business operation.
- Minimum of one-year directly related experience required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid state driver license.
- Detail orientated.
- Must have good communication skills, bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Frequent ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds throughout shift
- Frequent ability to sit, climb, reach, and bend throughout shift
- Ability to pass a DOT physical on annual basis, including a NIDA drug screen.
- Ability to work in outdoor construction environments, with moderate noise levels.
US Concrete is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.