The Social Media Intern supports our tiny-but-mighty social media team on the day-to-day management and growth of Yelp’s corporate social media presence across numerous channels and brand engagement in alignment with brand voice, business strategies, and audience objectives.
We are seeking a short-term, 30-hours per week, paid intern for 3-months to support our efforts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest channels. Yelp’s social landscape includes numerous national and local handles across North America.
You should have a passion for social data, insights on how to engage with followers, and a strong passion for the Yelp brand.
- Help monitor all corporate social properties
- Track and compile metrics across ~430 social handles
- Create and manage content calendars and content itself
- Assist in the creation, coordination, and distribution of campaigns and assets to approximately 150 Community Managers for deployment across ~430 local social handles in the US and Canada
- Tell the Yelp story in an engaging, fun, and shareable way
- Learn a whole heck of a lot about working with social on a large, distributed scale, and about social metrics/data.
- You must love Yelp. Full stop.
- You must love social data. Second full stop.
- You must use excellent judgment when engaging with followers, and have a great instinct for what makes content travel on social media. (hint: You have professional filters and know how to use them)
- You have direct, hands-on experience supporting social properties in a corporate environment with consumer-facing channels/messages. (hint: Not your personal social accounts)
- You have knowledge of key social media platform guidelines, including, but not limited to those associated with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Direct experience with Spredfast is a major plus.
- Experience with photography and/or photo editing software (i.e. Photoshop) a plus.
- You have strong writing skills.
- You are detail-oriented.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.