Reporting to the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor, this position will be responsible for helping to maintain the day-to-day requirements of our busy mailroom. Qualified candidates will have experience in a fast paced working environment, are extremely reliable and very punctual. This position requires constant engagement with staff and service providers; a friendly personality and strong verbal communication skills are essential.
Twitter culture requires an emphasis on adaptability in a rapidly growing and constantly changing corporate setting.
- Work with our Shipping and Receiving lead to receive, sort and distribute high volume of incoming mail and packages from USPS, private carriers (FedEx, UPS, etc), and other vendor deliveries
- Determine destination of packages, log and notify appropriate department or team member.
- Sort by priority ensuring high-value corporate assets are expedited for distribution
- Maintain mailroom supplies inventory
- Maintain knowledge of each vendors shipping and receiving practices
- Execute best practices for sending out business shipments.
- Maintain a clean and organized mailroom and mail supply room
- Work with Security to implement asset protection and tracking measures when required
- Assist with other Facilities team tasks when required
- Prior experience working in a mailroom preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Gmail and Gcal
- Experience with Apple computers and related software
- Ability to repeatedly lift minimum of 50lbs
- High-level Customer service experience
- High attention to detail in fast paced environment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.