Second-Chance Friendly Employer Morgan Corp is looking for great people to join their team inCorsicana, TX
Apply today to start your career with this exciting company!
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium-duty freight van bodies and refrigerated truck bodies in the U.S. Joining the Morgan team means being part of a growing company with huge rewards for your career. We pride ourselves on team member development, performance recognition and a culture of diversity and respect.
Welder duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of skilled and unskilled welders differ as per their expertise levels. In general, the duties and responsibilities of a welder are:
• Welding metals in whichever way the customer or employer requires.
• Ensuring high safety measures while working such as donning protective gear for the face and body.
• Senior welders will have to supervise welding operations of junior welders.
• Operating heavy equipment such as industrial saws.
• Being aware of the different methods of welding and being able to successfully pass the company certification for all welding applications it certifies on.
• Examining the equipment after welding and advising maintenance of defects.
• Planning/set up of welding operations before beginning.
• Read blueprints and weld according to the plan.
• May have to train junior and entry level welders.
• Can demonstrate knowledge of all welding symbols.
Welder skills and specifications:
The skills and specifications required for the job of a welder are:
• A thorough knowledge of welding methods and symbols.
• A thorough knowledge of safety precautions while working.
• Ability to read blueprints and understand instructions.
• Ability to analyze work at hand and execute welding procedure per training certifications.
• Good decision-making skills.
• Ability to work in heat and smoke.
• Must pass medical questionnaire.
• Must be able to finish work within given time
Welder education and qualifications:
A high school diploma, along with a vocational course in welding, or previous welding training will assist in being able to get certified in the 6 company welding applications. Compensation is commensurate with the level of proficiency when taking the welding test for certification.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The employee may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The employee is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to work for this great, Second-Chance Friendly Texas company!