Directly responsible for leading and overseeing projects consisting of on-site personnel to include linemen, apprentices, operators and/or helpers. Lays out project tasks and makes certain that materials, tools, equipment, etc. are scheduled in a timely manner to meet scope, budget and project construction schedules. Accountable for the on-site management of assigned construction projects, trade contractors, and field personnel, in such a way as to ensure scheduled completion of projects within established budget, time frame and quality and performance standards, and customer satisfaction.
Job Description Summary
- The lineman crew leader is responsible for supervision and management of their crew, vehicles , and gear necessary for proper operation
- The lineman crew will be installing repairing or replacing utility lines as subcontractor for other utilities such as Duke, IPL, etc.Crews may be required to work 4 10 hour days or longer with overnight stay reimbursed but as required to finish projects and address outages
Crew leader does not need a degree, client is open to hiring crew leaders that do not have clean criminal backgrounds as part of a second chance program
Crew leaders will need pass a drug screen and be subject to random drug screens
Crew leaders must have a minimum of 1 year experience as a crew leader with probably 5 years minimum experience as a lineman
- Initiates, attends, coordinates, and/or conducts meetings and activities with assigned employees/crews to meet project objectives and schedules.
- Oversees, delegates, and monitors all assigned employees’ performance on assigned projects/tasks to ensure compliance with project plans, specifications, and shop drawings, while maintaining Company quality standards.
- Guides and assists employees in identifying, analyzing, and resolving existing or anticipated obstacles in a manner to meet task/project schedules.
- Informs, clarifies, and confers as directed by general superintendent/ project manager on estimated versus actual project status (i.e. work progress, work schedules, time sheets, job costing, etc.).
- Works with general superintendent/project manager in personnel alignment and scheduling to facilitate weekly action plans.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of Company job safety requirements (O.S.H.A.) and enforces compliance with such.
- Digs, sets, and frames transmission and distribution poles. Is required to move energized conductors to provide clearances for pole setting, operations and stringing. Makes hot sets into voltages ranging from 7,200/12,470v to 115,000 volts, as necessary.
- Involved with stringing primary conductors in areas of energized circuits of 4000 volts to 138,000 volts, as necessary.
- Installs transformers and transformer banks along with sectionalizing equipment.
- Is proficient in operation of bucket trucks, line trucks, and backhoes.
- Is proficient in the phasing and paralleling of both primary transmission and secondary circuits.
- Is proficient in the installation of grounds for working with de-energized distribution and transmission circuits.
- Is proficient in the installation and maintenance of three-phase transformers.
- Has ability to perform load checks and calculate distribution fusing.
- Works in restrictive/tight areas (i.e. switch-gear rooms, utility cabinets, utility tunnels, vaults, etc.). Possesses ability to dig trenches, tamping poles; either by use of hand tools or equipment. Demonstrates ability to accurately install both primary and secondary underground circuits inclusive of conduit runs, hand holes, makeup elbows, and other devices commonly used in underground installations.
Please contact our Indianapolis sales office at (317)849-3837 if you have any questions about our services. If you are a current client or employee you can also contact our Columbus office at (812)375-9391