Second-Chance Friendly Employer Morgan Corp is looking for great people to join their team in Corsicana, TX
Apply today to start your career with this exciting company!
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium-duty freight van bodies and refrigerated truck bodies in the U.S. Joining the Morgan team means being part of a growing company with huge rewards for your career. We pride ourselves on team member development, performance recognition and a culture of diversity and respect.
Painter duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of skilled and unskilled painters differ as per their expertise levels. In general, the duties and responsibilities of a painter are:
- Work and adhere to all safety policies within the work area and throughout the company.
- Properly and safely operate required tools both power/non-power.
- Understand and comprehend measurements and have the ability to apply based on instruction. Ability to read a tape measurer.
- Fully understand quality policies and have minimum or zero defects per unit.
- Ability to read and or interpret work orders and apply to task at hand.
- Team member actively participates and supports PPS, 5S and TPM.
- Perform task within allotted RE time.
- Flex within functional areas as needed.
- Work required schedule including overtime.
- Assist with on the job training of team members.
- Work with little or no supervision.
- Meet physical requirements which include lifting up to 35lbs, standing for long periods, bending, stooping, reaching and squatting.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Ability to paint the following within RE time and Quality Specifications:
- Full bodies.
- Any style chassis and cabs.
- Trailers and or Tractors
- Proven knowledge and experience in operating:
- Cup Gun
- Pressure Pot
- Plural System
- Airless Sprayer
- Ability to spray any color
- Able to titrate phosphate system and add chemicals as necessary
- Perform preventative maintenance
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Prior experience in Auto Body Painting or equivalent schooling.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The employee may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The employee is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
The story of how Morgan came to be is one of the great business success stories of our times. Since our inception, the Morgan name has been synonymous with innovative engineering, uncompromising quality, and a superior customer service experience. The evolution of our products is evidence of our ability and commitment to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of our customers; and to fulfill our own vision for the future, in advance of market demands.
In truth, the evolution of our bodies, the introduction of new designs, and the use of breakthrough technologies have set new standards throughout the industry, and impact the transportation industry – one body at a time.