Reporting to the Employment Retention Manager, the Re-entry Counselor working at the Belmont Cragin Satellite Office is responsible for assisting participants in managing their lives to achieve successful outcomes; staying crime-free, retaining employment; and positively connecting with the community for a 6-12 month period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit clients who meet program eligibility requirements from the surrounding geographic communities, churches, community organizations, Probation and Parole Departments, Safer’s Adult Transition Centers and other Safer’ locations, etc.
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments and establish individualized case plans reflective of the identified needs and deliver appropriate services.
- Based on assessment results, provide clients with referrals that will support successful reentry into the community for assistance.
- Develop new and maintain existing referral sources in the surrounding communities frequented by clients and their families.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure in a diverse, fast-paced work environment; and, to work both independently and as a team in order to meet established deadlines. Must be flexible, self-reliant, resourceful and outcome driven.
- Excellent oral/written/interpersonal communication skills required including ability to develop marketing materials that successfully promotes the program.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with databases needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, preferred
- 3 years’ successful & relevant experience as well as demonstrated success in working with people with criminal records
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish and English is a preferred but not required
The Safer Foundation supports, through a full spectrum of services,
the efforts of people with criminal records to become employed, law-abiding members
of the community and as a result, reduce recidivism.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please