The Safer Foundation supports, through a full spectrum of services and advocacy, the efforts of people with arrest and criminal records to become employed, law-abiding members of the community and as a result, reduce recidivism.
This is a part-time position (20-25 hours per week).
The Client Services Clerical Assistant engages in the work flow at the Clerical Desk with a focus on identification and recruitment of members for the Council on Thought and Action (COTA) program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage clients with respect and dignity in person and/or by phone
- Maintain COTA and/or other client files – manually and in Safer’s internal database (AXIOM)
- Attend weekly COTA meeting for client engagement and follow up
- Provide assistance to the COTA Facilitators in client completion of Corporate Plans
- Produce routine status reports that are accurate and timely
- Track membership of COTA clients
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated self-starter who is goal oriented
- Must be flexible, self-reliant, resourceful and outcome driven
- Individual has a customer-centered work style: approachable and engaging
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with MS Office Suite and the Internet
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s degree or equivalent is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years of clerical, administrative, or related experience.
- Applicant should possess a minimum of two years of higher education and one year of experience working with individuals with limited work histories.
- Previous work and/or volunteer experience working with the formerly incarcerated and the economically disadvantaged preferred.
Please note: After you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt. Check your spam and junk folders as your email provider might misfile the message.
All positions are Full-Time (40-hours/week) and located in the Chicago Metropolitan area, unless otherwise specified.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please