The Safer Foundation supports, through a full spectrum of services and advocacy, the efforts of people with arrest and criminal records to become employed, law-abiding members of the community and as a result, reduce recidivism.
To submit a resume, apply for this position and see all open positions, copy and paste the link below or click:
Please note: After you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt. Check your spam and junk folders as your email provider might misfile the message.
The Case Manager – ACE position in the South Holland office conducts client intake assessments, provides case management and job coaching. As necessary, will also provide employment readiness training. Clients found to be job-ready are matched with employment opportunities that fit their skills and abilities. The Case Manager is also responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with area employers and encouraging the hiring of Safer’s clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete intake assessment and determine job readiness.
- Provide each assigned client counseling and coaching as needed.
- Identify and recruit employers that offer quality jobs and successfully sell them on the benefits of hiring employees through Safer.
- Act as liaison between employer and client and assist in resolving problems when called upon to intervene.
- Enter and track client information using Safer’s in-house database system
- Complete all paperwork and contractual requirements accurately, completely and on time.
- All Safer standards are adhered to, including productivity standards.
- Safer is effectively represented in the community.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze assessment data to plan appropriate intervention.
- Skilled in motivational interviewing and active listening including the ability to establish rapport and persuade others.
- Knowledge of criminal justice system and area/community resources that can benefit Safer’s clients.
- Knowledge of local labor market and trends in hiring and job search techniques including on-line searches, job boards, composing resumes, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and databases.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; prior job development experience helpful
- Three years’ successful experience working with individuals with criminal records
All positions are Full-Time (40-hours/week) and located in the Chicago Metropolitan area, unless otherwise specified.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please