The Safer Foundation is a social service provider to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, including case management, educational instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
Reporting to the Chief Programs Officer CPO), the Administrative Assistant (AA) is responsible for providing the full-cycle of administrative support. The Administrative Assistant will liaise with all CPO direct-reports and act as the go-to-person for all administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the CPO including high-level secretarial support.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences.
- Types and designs general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and updates filing system for the CPO and the department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Opens mail for the CPO and drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff both internal and external to Safer.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Works independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects.
- Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the CPO which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations and disseminating information.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with and providing administrative assistance to a high-level executive with numerous direct-reports.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness within a fast-paced, engaging environment.
- Advanced knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures,
- Thorough and advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent and relevant years of experience
Please note: After you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt. Check your spam and junk folders as your email provider might misfile the message.
The Safer Foundation supports, through a full spectrum of services and advocacy, the efforts of people with arrest and criminal records to become employed, law-abiding members of the community and as a result, reduce recidivism.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please