The Safer Foundation is a social service provider to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, including case management, educational instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
Reporting to the Program Manager of the CHA Transitional Jobs Program, the Case Manager/ Retention Specialist is responsible for delivering employment preparation and retention services to clients to enhance their focus in reaching employment benchmarks at the 30, 90, 180 and 365-day mark. He/she guides the development of an individualized employment plan (IEP) and facilitates services appropriate to the same. He/she is the point of contact for the client throughout service delivery and retention attainment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Execute the processes of the transitional job as prescribed in Safer and contract protocols
– Maintain client engagement following job start via phone calls, emails, social media, etc.
– Act as liaison between employer and client and assist in resolving problems when called upon to intervene
– Work one-on-one with clients to address issues that threaten employability and refer to appropriate services, as needed
– Enter and track client information using Safer’s in-house database system; complete all paperwork and contractual requirements accurately and on a timely basis
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to analyze assessment data to plan appropriate intervention
– Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in order to present information in individual, and active listening including the ability to establish rapport and persuade others
– Service-oriented and the ability to work well under pressure in a quick changing environment
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and databases; strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
– Valid driver’s license is required
– Access to a (reliable) vehicle is required for job-related travel
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree (is preferred) in a related field, i.e., Sociology, Psychology, Training, etc.
– Two years’ successful experience providing employment and training services to low-skilled, low-income adults
– Successful experience building collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders and interdependencies as well as external collaborative partners
– Knowledge of/familiarity with non-profits, strongly desired
After you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt.
Your email provider might misfile this message as spam or junk mail so make sure you check those folders.
The Safer Foundation supports, through a full spectrum of services and advocacy, the efforts of people with arrest and criminal records to become employed, law-abiding members of the community and as a result, reduce recidivism.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please