You may receive Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) services to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching. Other services may be provided to assist Veterans in starting their own businesses or independent living services for those who are severely disabled and unable to work in traditional employment. Click on the “How to Apply” tab to learn more and apply for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment services.
VA’s Education and Career Counseling program is a great opportunity for Veterans and Servicemembers to get personalized counseling and support to help guide their career paths, ensure the most effective use of their VA benefits, and achieve their goals. Learn more and apply for education and career counseling.
Education and Career Counseling
VA’s Education and Career Counseling program is a great opportunity for Servicemembers, Veterans and dependents to get personalized counseling and support to help guide their career paths, ensure most effective use of their VA benefits, and achieve their goals.
- Transitioning Servicemembers within six months prior to discharge from active duty
- Veterans within one year following discharge from active duty
- Any Servicemember/Veteran currently eligible for a VA education benefit
- All current VA education beneficiaries
Services Include Assisting the Servicemember/Veteran with:
- Career Choice – understand the best career options for you based on your interests and capabilities
- Benefits Coaching – guidance on the effective use of your VA benefits and/or other resources to achieve your education and career goals
- Personalized Support – Academic or adjustment counseling and personalized support to help you remove any barriers to your success
It’s simple to apply. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your eBenefits account at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov
- Select “Apply”
- Select “Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits”
- Apply for “Educational and Career Counseling”
- If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session at the nearest VA Regional Office
If you do not have access to eBenefits you may: